The duo of Mikel Agu and Ola Aina have left the Super Eagles’ camp for their respective bases after they were dropped from Gernot Rohr’s final 23-man squad for the 2018 World Cup.
Rohr had given both players permission to stay and train with the team as standby players, but they turned down the option.
Mikel Agu has flown back to Turkey, where he spent last season on loan to Bursaspor from FC Porto.
Aina, who knew about his fate even before the team departed England, decided to stay behind in London, instead of following the Eagles to their training camp in Austria.
Rohr has, however, assured the duo about their future with the national team.
- Three things to look for as Nigeria face England at Wembley
- Super Eagles to play Poland, Rohr reveals
- Manchester United’s Marouane Fellaini: Belgium-England World Cup clash will be ‘intense’
- Enyeama Could Beat Rufai’s World Cup Record, Saves Penalty On Return From Injury
- OFFICIAL Deal Done: Chelsea To Announce Ex Bayern Munich German Midfielder