The Suru Local Government Council in Kebbi, says it will begin to pay 1000 youths in the area N5,000 monthly allowance each, to help them overcome unemployment challenges.
The Chairman of the Local Government, Alhaji Usman Maigandi, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Tuesday in Suru that the beneficiaries comprised 600 males and 400 females.
“The youths will be empowered with N5,000 monthly allowance to help them overcome unemployment challenges.
“They can use the allowance for investment and trade; the amount will be beneficial to the youths if used prudently.“Asides from this, the council is also taking the responsibility of paying medical bills for the less privileged people in the area.
“My council decided to take such steps in order to encourage the youths and make them become self-reliant,’’ Maigandi said.
The chairman called on the people to be law-abiding and support the efforts of the local government in developing the area. (NAN)
- N-Power Beneficiaries Commend President Muhammad Buhari, Beg for Permanent Jobs
- Federal Government to ban importation of maize into the country to boost local production
- Osun State Government Declares Monday Public Holiday For Citizens To Get PVC
- Many Car Crashes Leaves Four people dead and 19 others injured in Kano State (photos)
- President Muhammadu Buhari planning to restore the glory of Nigeria